Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it is Restaurant Week here in the Twin Cities. Cheap prices for some damn good food! My husband and I have gone to two different restaurants so far and we are so glad we have because even though these are restaurants that we have gone to before, we were able to try new things on their menu for a cheaper price.. but I would have gladly paid full price because I have been so impressed with both meals!
First, we went to Masu yesterday for lunch at the Mall of America location. Their lunch special was Tofu Yakisoba (score for this pescetarian!) and fried ice cream. O-M-G! It was literally one of the best meals I have ever had. I don’t know if it’s because it’s a meal that I have never ordered there before or what but I wanted to cry at the end of the meal because it was over! Ok not literally but you get what I’m saying. The Yakisoba was already great enough but the fried ice cream at the end just finished the meal perfectly! Ahhh.. makes me so hungry just thinking about it. If you are from the Twin Cities, definitely give this restaurant a try!
The next restaurant that we went to was Barbette . We went there today for lunch. This is a very nice French restaurant located in Uptown Mpls. YUM YUM YUM!
My husband had their boeuf bourguignon and I had their butternut squash and caramelized onion galette. And for dessert, we both got a small slice of pumpkin pie. Oh, and did I mention that this amazing meal was only $10 per person!? We are definitely fans of this place!
So if you live in the Twin Cities, check out if your favorite restaurants are having specials for Restaurant Week!
I am a bad bad blogger! It has been forever since I have posted anything!
So maybe a quick update is due then?
- My parents are currently residing in Boston, MA for a job contract. Contract ends Jan 29 so unless it gets extended, they are coming back to MN! 🙂
- My parents’ dog, Toby, weiner dog, is currently staying with us. He has been having health problems and might have cushing disease. The last test to verify this is this coming Wednesday. Meanwhile, we have spent over $1,000 on xrays, ultrasounds, blood tests already. Please keep him in your thoughts.
- I love having my husband finally in the same residence as I.. hell, the same state as I! I think the dogs loves it too ❤
- I have the Monster Dash 5k this coming weekend where I will be dressed as Hello Kitty. I am really hoping that I can make it without my lungs exploding as it is already super cold here in MN. There has been snow flurries appearing out of the sky already.. no joke.
- I joined ToneItUp to get myself motivated to get in better physical shape. And I love it! They have taught me how to eat better and motivated me to work out more. I do believe that I am in the best shape I have ever been in my life. Not to say that that I am done.. so far from that but getting toned one body part at a time 🙂 Follow my ToneitUP instagram if you’d like: susel_tiu
- I got an iphone 5s ❤
yeah so those are some random updates. Hopefully I can keep blogging from now on!
check out my new tumblr if you need fitness motivation 🙂
We went on a little vacay last week to Montreal as neither of us had ever been to Canada. It was a short trip but I loved every single minute of it! I was warned by a coworker that people in Montreal are snotty especially if you don’t speak french but I disagree completely! Everyone that we came in contact with was super helpful and super nice, even to lil non french speaking me 🙂
I also realized on this trip how I love exploring cities. We walked most of the time we were there and even though I was exhausted at the end of each day, I would do it all over again! I cannot wait to go back!
Places that I would definitely recommend to visit if you are ever in Montreal are: Mont Royal, Vieux- Montreal, Vieux Port.
A bunch of friends, my husband, and I did the Color Run 5k last Sunday. It was so much fun and I cannot wait to do it again next year! Even the frenchman had fun 😛
Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealous or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring..it was peace. -Milan Kundera
found this quote online today and instantly fell in love with it. Because it is the truth.
Jumping in the bandwagon with this trend of high-lo skirts aka mullet skirts as I like to call em 🙂
Love the pop of yellow because yellow makes me happy 🙂